Cold brews are so hot right now. Palateable and oh-so-good in Summer – here is how to make the perfect one at home.
- Make sure your water is cold; pre-chill in the refrigerator if you need. Mason jars are a handy way to get the brew happening.
- Grind 80 – 90 grams per litre on a medium grind setting. This should be finer than what you might use for a say a French Press.
- Add your freshly ground coffee to your chilled water and stir. You want the coffee grind to be completely wet. Seal the jar and store in the fridge.
- After 1-2 hours, stir again again. This will ensure that the coffee is incorporated with the water fully.
- At the 22-23 hour mark, stir once more and strain. Decant the brew liquid through a metal strainer to remove larger particles, then strain again through muslin cloth.
- Once filtered, cold brew should be stored in a refrigerated environment.