Here’s how to make the perfect French Press. It’s an easy way to make a beautiful morning brew.
- Heat fresh water to 200° F.
- Weigh out 55 grams of freshly roasted coffee beans. Preheat the French Press by filling it with hot water.
- Grind coffee to the consistency of coarse sea salt (our Signature blend is perfect, and we grind to order)
- Discard hot water and place your French Press some kitchen scales. Add coffee grounds and then tare your scale. Set your timer for four minutes and pour in just enough water to cover the grounds before giving the French Press a quick jiggle to completely wet the coffee (about 110 grams).
- After 30 seconds, pour hot water in until the scale reaches 880 grams.
- Pop the plunger in and slowly push it halfway and pull back up to the surface.
- After four minutes, press the plunger right down and pour your beautifully prepared coffee!