Pour Overs are an effective and easy way to make a beautiful, steaming hot coffee.
- Pre-heat the filter and brewer thoroughly with hot water. This will help minimize the paper filter taste, and pre-heat the brewer.
- Load freshly ground coffee into the filter. We are using a medium-fine grind.
- Start the process by pouring into the centre and circling outward. Make sure the top of the grind is wet. This should be a slow pour, about 10 seconds.
- Once you have finished pouring your pre-infusion water, start a 2-minute timer and wait 20 seconds for the pre-infusion.
- Once there is 1:40 left on your timer, begin pouring in circles, making sure not to upset the outer edge of the grounds.
- Once there is 20 seconds left on the timer, stop pouring. The water will finish draining from the brew bed just as the timer goes off.